- In vitro propagation, rapid reproduction and conservation of accessions from vegetative plant species.
- Establishment of methodological stages and the complex of factors, enabling the frequently in vitro subcultivation.
- Study of the factors and conditions for long term conservation and maintenance of in vitro collection.
- Develop methods for obtaining cell suspendial cultures of plant species from Bulgarian and foreign flora
- Creation of new wheat varieties using the methods of embryo and anther cultures.
- In vitro technology for the propagation of potato vine, mint and hops.
- In vitro technologies for rapid propagation of endemic and endangered medicinal species have been developed.
- Methodologies for rapid multiplication and rooting of essential oil plants are studied and optimized.
- Suspendial cell cultures from leaves, roots and blossom from Leucoyum aestivum L., Sideritis scardica L., Glizzirhiza glabra L. etc. are obtained.
- Original gene pool was established for the purpose of selection and international exchange – in vitro collections
- Methods for improving genetic diversity of common winter wheat by anther and embrioculture are developed.
- Two wheat varieties are created through biotechnological methods – variety „Zdravko“ and variety „KM135“